Fudge always tastes better when it is home-made. Coffee meets fudge, sounds like heaven indeed!
- 395 g condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 180 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Uber Filter Coffee
1. Grease a square 16 × 16-cm dish. Pour the condensed milk into a large heavy based pan, slowly bring to simmer, then add the coffee and stir until dissolved. It should not boil. Add the sugar, the sugar, and butter and continue to stir until the sugar has dissolved. This should take about 10 minutes.
2. Increase heat to medium. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens and come away from the sides.
3. Remove from the heat, stir in the chocolate and coffee powder until combined and the chocolate has melted, and the mixture has lost its shine.
4. Spoon into the prepared pan, smoothen the top and allow cooling to room temperature then chill until cold. Cut the fudge into blocks with a hot, sharp knife.
Here’s an expert tip
Drop a small spoonful of the mixture into a teacup of ice-cold water. Mold it with your fingers into a ball and remove from the water. If it holds its shape under water, but immediately loses its shape and flattens between your fingers, it is ready and can be chilled.
The original recipe can be found here.