Who ever thought these two treats put together could be so appealing to the eye? This café in Shanghai, China has created the perfect Instagram shot for any coffee lover, or just someone trying to get the perfect candy with their cup of coffee.
The Mellower Coffee Café in Shanghai that created this sensation calls the coffee “Sweet Little Rain”. That is because the Candy Floss Coffee is either served by pouring coffee over a “cloud” of candy floss, allowing the sticky delicacy to fall in the cup for consumption, or the coffee is served hot enough for the candy floss to hang over it and gracefully “rain” into the coffee.
It looks like quite a messy experience, but well worth it! Let’s try this at home, you keen?
Make your own Cotton Candy Coffee at home
To make your own Cotton Candy Coffee at home, you simply need:
- 2-3 shots of espresso (any capsules of your choice)
- A cup of cold milk (120-240 ml), or a dairy-free alternative
- Some ice cubes
- 1 small ball of cotton candy (to fit your coffee cup)
Then follow these simple steps:
- Pour the milk into a glass coffee cup with ice cubes. Use more or less milk depending on your preference.
- Gently roll up a ball of cotton candy just a bit bigger than your cup so it slots right on the top of your cup. You can stick a skewer through the centre of the ball to rest the cotton candy on your glass coffee cup.
- Slowly pour over your hot espresso and watch the cotton candy melt into your cup leaving you with a deliciously sweetened iced latte. Don’t blink, it happens quickly.
- Mix, serve, enjoy!
Images and Idea Source –